The banking sector is facing several challenges in the payments transactions area, including:
- Increasing price and competition pressure that requires the optimisation of existing processes in payments transactions as well as a reduction in transaction cost and operational risk. The leverage of internal quality and cost potentials has to be considered as well as a persistent IT setup for the future.
- Increasing the complexity of payment systems and an amplified necessity for accurate processing lead to increasing requirements towards a comprehensive and high qualitative testing.
- Harmonising standardised Euro transaction payments in a uniform European market (Single Euro Payments Area - SEPA). Apart from the increasing acceptance of SEPA products there is in particular a discussion about a fixed termination date for the national payment systems, which should further increase the SEPA implementation process.
How BearingPoint brings value
- BearingPoint has an extensive track record of practical expertise in drafting options for strategic setup in the area of payment transactions. We start with the extensive gathering of requirements, follow this with a gap analysis and conclude with systems and provider selection. BearingPoint additionally supports the respective implementation of the strategic decisions, e.g. implementation, migration and test.
- BearingPoint has bundled the expertise of several tests within payment transaction projects into a test case portfolio. This portfolio combines detailed know-how in payment transaction processes and products with continuous testing methods according to the standards of the international software testing qualification board (ISTQB). With the use of this tool the quality of testing is being dramatically increased while at the same time it reduces the efforts and duration of the tests.
- BearingPoint has outstanding technical and functional expertise in transaction processes and applications and is ideally positioned for the subsequent implementation of SEPA to your IT systems and will give you support for the required adjustment of your systems and processes.