Less than 25 % of European companies really control their maintenance costs. Yet maintenance costs represent a significant part of operational costs - up to 10% of operational costs in heavy industries.
Maintenance is a key lever in all industries to improve business performance. Optimizing spare parts stock for example results in economies amounting to 2-3 % of the replacement value of the maintained assets.
In order to optimize the equipment lifecycle, the main maintenance challenges are:
- Finding the right balance between corrective and preventive maintenance
- Optimizing organizations to improve responsiveness
- Rationalizing spare parts management
- Developing asset life cycle management to manage investments and assets based on the total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Improving overall equipment efficiency
How BearingPoint brings value
We help clients achieve maintenance excellence on the basis of strong improvement levers, including:
- Reliability: We help you to leverage your equipment knowledge within the company, in order to determine the right maintenance strategy to apply.
- Flexibility: We develop appropriate business rules to optimize the completion of scheduled tasks and to deal with random breakdowns.
- Balance: Conflicting goals between engineering, production, purchasing and maintenance performance need to be balanced. We adopt an approach based on the total cost of ownership (TCO) during asset life cycle phases.
- Added value: We encourage the mindset of maintenance as an added-value service to evolve within the company, with the objective of ensuring the expected equipment availability.
- Compliance: We ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
We have helped clients:
- Reduce spare parts working capital by up to €20 Million
- Define corporate and site maintenance strategies
- Define business and risk driven maintenance strategies to determine maintenance target figures per plant
- Design, build and implement a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Plan and map competency to determine current and future personnel needs
- Optimise requirement-driven consumables, spare parts management & procurement