Spend management strategy for clinical trials
A German distribution arm of a major pharmaceutical company:
Spend management strategy for clinical trials.
Objectives of the project
BearingPoint was engaged to develop a clinical trial spend strategy, in order to improve transparency, outline spend management strategy and clarify supplier structure.
Measurable & concrete results
- Transparency of clinical trail spend
- Identified weakness within processes
- Documented spend strategy Identified potential of improvement
- Identification of saving potentials
- Potential 50 % process cost reduction and scope for price reductions of up to 15%
Key success factors
The BearingPoint project team combined expertise in spend management and project management.
What BearingPoint did
- ‘As-is’ analysis: total spend and processes
- Development of spend strategy
- Recommendations for process optimisation
- Definition of ‘to-be’ procurement processes and organisation
- Creation of a high-level business case
- Action plan to secure potential cost savings