Analysis of operational processes for technical procurement
A major chemicals company:
Analysing the operational processes for technical procurement.
Objectives of the project
BearingPoint was asked to look at increasing the efficiency and the effectiveness of the operational business process for technical procurement. Specifically, this involved strengthening the cost/benefit linkage for all relevant processes; increasing internal customer satisfaction; and making recommendations on an optimised organisational structure.
Measurable & concrete results
- Transparent overview of operational processes and organisational structure
- Valuation of as-is processes and organisational structure
- Valuated to-be processes and organisational structure with quantified savings in terms of headcount and expenditure
- Roadmap with prioritised key steps towards successful implementation of the to-be processes and organisational structure
Key success factors
The BearingPoint team offered far-reaching expertise in technical procurement, process improvement and organisational redesign.
What BearingPoint did
- Analysis and valuation of all relevant operational processes within GRT
- Development of an optimisation concept for process improvement (defining to-be processes and specific initiatives)
- Development of an optimisation concept for the organisational structure of the technical procurement department.
- Definition of roles and responsibilities for strategic and organizational purchasing processes
- Development of a practicable roadmap