- Business Strategy & Transformation
- Enterprise Applications
- Governance, Risk, Compliance & Security
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Innovation - R&D - PLM
- International Development
- Marketing - Sales - Customer Services
- Real Estate & Facilities
- Supply Chain & Operations
- Sustainable Development
Implementation of global ERP systems
The time where ERP systems and other enterprise applications are implemented in one site only (e.g. one plant) are long gone. Global implementations became the rule years ago and many companies still start global implementation initiatives and rollout programs for ERP systems. Though, the template / rollout approach is not a new idea, it still offers many benefits, e.g. for process harmonization, reduction of implementation and operation costs or corporate and IT governance.
On the other hand there are still challenges to overcome: technical, organizational and cultural. Setting up the project teams, controlling team members travelling around the world, convincing local leadership, communicating and manage changes, ensure repeated use of proven project assets and realize economies of scale … not every service provider is capable of covering the breadth of potential issues and pitfalls.
How BearingPoint brings value
- Setting up the right template / rollout approach according to project and business needs: be careful to rollout and not to rollover.
- Leverage economies of scale: set-up an industrialized approach with central teams, local teams and a template “factory” to really allow rollouts of template assets at minimum costs, that also includes near- or offshore components – just customized to the special needs of our clients.
- Global rollout program management: managing multiple teams across the globe, aid decision making on hundreds of issues, control the information flow and ensure transparency across program and projects: this is one of our strengths either as full service provider or together in a multi-provider team.
- Program audits: are you unsure with what went wrong with your program? Our long list of experience also enables us to take the role of unbiased auditors and review your global implementation initiative.
- Implementation projects: besides all concepts, management, assistance and review skills: we also know how to implement leveraging "hundreds of man years of experience" in packaged application implementation including blueprinting, configuration, developing, architecture setup, basis services, testing, training, go-live preparation, go-live and stabilization.
- Even application service on a long term contractual basis is part of our service offering.
Only companies with a global footprint and consultants that are used to collaborating on a cross-country basis, are capable of managing the challenges of international template / rollout projects. Communication skills and cultural experience, combined with the know-how of globally harmonized business processes and technical experience of the major ERP packages, allow us to assist our clients in global rollouts. This perfectly matches our service offerings regarding global ERP strategy, global data strategy, global ERP governance, ERP architecture and global ERP operation.
Your contact in Switzerland