Implementation of the commercial information system
A leader of the French Utility market and a main European actor that operates activities related to production, distribution and commercialisation of energies.
Implementation of the applications of the commercial information system for a leader of the French Utility market
Objectives of the project
BearingPoint’s intervention consists of three major areas:
- Customer process integration within the information system,
- Process reporting and performance management,
- Organisation revamping
Measurable & concrete results
Processes and tools that are revamped and operational
- An industrialised information system making it possible to manage sales, commercial follow-up and billing for 270,000 customers and 3.5 million sites.
- Two major versions of each application implemented each year.
- A consolidated multi-channel client vision that is shared among all the actors of the Enterprise Division.
- 90,000 new offers already sold.
- 7 TWh of natural gas sold across 13,000 sites.
… and even more reactive and effective for a more and more competitive market
- A reduced time-to-market for product and service deployment (from 6 months down to 1 month).
- Flexible price tables and pricing functions that can be updated on a daily basis.
- A range of products and services that fit new customer needs: multi-energy and multi-sites contract and billing management.
- A flexible information system that is able to integrate the evolutions of the customer orientation policy.
with efficient collaborators.
- A homogeneous deployment in all the units: 3,000 users trained to use the new applications
- A network of local experts who relay information and news about applications, providing local support for users
Key success factors
- Strong monitoring of the project by top management and the sponsor
- Committed collaboration of BearingPoint with EDF teams
- IT and Business team collaboration
- Client intimacy
What BearingPoint did
Design of applications and test functionalities
Deployment of applications (training and communication)
Assistance for users
Manage the ambassadors and trainers network
Build the application for pricing