Strategy, Marketing and Innovation
A major European utilities company:
A ‘digital customer’ revolution has arrived through internet enabled phones, social networks and localization services. BearingPoint Marketing, Customer Management and Sales team helps new entrants and established companies to adapt their customer relationship models.
Objectives of the project
Falling water consumption, pressure on prices, changing customer expectations: to face all these issues, water suppliers have to re-invent their business models. In the meantime, smart grid technology and environmental issues offer them new opportunities.
Known for its expertise on innovation issues as well as its knowledge of utility sector trends, BearingPoint has been asked to solve three major issues:
- How to identify the right growth levers and build business cases for disruptive activities?
- How to build an organisation which can be implemented quickly?
- How to speed up time-to-market?
Measurable & concrete results
BearingPoint assisted its client in designing a strategic plan on new activities, the business cases for these new activities, new organisational structure and time-to-market process:
- to build the strategic plan and business cases for smart grids services, BearingPoint consultants bring their unique vision on the convergence between telecommmunications and utilities
- to build an agile and operational organisation, BearingPoint consultants have brought their wide and pragmatic knowledge of disruptive organizations
- to accelerate time-to-market, the BearingPoint team has brought its knowledge of innovative organizations to quickly build a customised time-to-market process and test it with customers marketing teams
Key success factors
The BearingPoint team’s unique vision on the convergence between telecom and utilities Knowledge of innovative organizations.