Support to extensive worldwide SAP transformation programme
A leading utilities company (water, environmental services, energy, transportation):
Extensive support to delivery of significant an SAP-enabled transformation programme through the deployment of deep SAP architectural and functional expertise and implementation experience.
Objectives of the project
In a context of autonomous Business Units, the main objectives set by the company for the programme are to:
- Facilitate compliance with regulatory constraints (SOX, etc)
- Support monthly reporting, rationalise back-office and information system costs
- Support process harmonisation (shared service centres)
These goals will be achieved by leveraging possibilities offered by a single ERP based on a core model approach.
Measurable & concrete results
A Worldwide Core Model Blueprint and functional design resulting in SAP standard template (FI, CO, PS, SD, SRM, MM, SIM, BI). The solution is now deployed in 4 countries (France, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg) covering two different business units (water and energy) and the holding company with 3,500 users to date, with harmonised processes enabling the implementation of shared service centres. Roll out is underway in environmental services in the UK.
Key success factors
Accelerated delivery through use of BearingPoint Framework; Deep SAP architectural and functional expertise and implementation experience; Practical approach tuned to specific needs of the Client.
What BearingPoint did
BearingPoint has supported the client from the very beginning of the programme:
- Definition of stakes and objectives, guiding principles and management referential frame
- To Be processes with embedded process controls in reference to internal control principles and segregation of duties
- Programme management and business case; IT Master Plan, To Be application architecture, ERP Choice and roll out strategy.
BearingPoint has also supported the SAP Blueprint and detailed functional design, testing and usability assessment and also business aspects of the data migration. BearingPoint also supports the PMO for the Programme.