Consolidation of in use foreign payments transaction applications
An institutional German client, being responsible for regional and federal banks
Consolidation of in use foreign payments transaction applications and identification of cost-related future migration opportunities.
Objectives of the project
Analysis and consolidation of in use foreign payments transaction systems and identification of cost-related future migration opportunities within the ordered systems-comparison.
Measurable & concrete results
The analysis and consolidation of the involved payment transaction systems included the following project results:
- Functional and technical examination of systems
- Analysis of overhead- and maintenance cost
- Design evaluation of migration- and overhead cost
- Comparison of service capacity of the foreign payments transaction systems
- Cost analysis for each migration scenario
- Identification of reasonable migration scenarios and development of business cases for each partizipating bank
Key success factors
BearingPoint team project management as well as functional expertise in the fields of payments and payments transaction architecture as well as long-term expertise in reference projects regarding various relevant migration scenarios.
Verified qualification to connect IT related migration know-how to develop sustainable business cases as a decision basis.
What BearingPoint did
The full transformation scope included:
Functional and technical analysis of all involved systems
Identification and evaluation of migrations as well as running costs
Identification and definition of all involved technical features of the analyzed systems (strengths and weaknesses)
Underlining economic reasonable migration possibilities for each bank