Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians
Strategy alignment and restructuring
Objectives of the project
BearingPoint supported the client in defining a new business strategy to meet the future strategic goals.
Measurable & concrete results
- Analysed over 85% of all functions, processes and tasks.
- Delivered significant cost savings through a headcount reduction from the new organisational structure and processes.
- Reduced operating costs, including a modified work time model which reduced the amount of overtime hours.
- Reduced administration costs.
- Developed an implementation plan that comprised 23 workstreams.
Key success factors
This project’s success was mainly due to three factors (which were managed by the client steering committee):
- A communication strategy that included all relevant personnel and external stakeholders.
- Buy in and on-going support from the works council.
- The establishment of a lean organisational structure that spanned all levels, and included clearly-defined responsibilities for individuals and escalation processes, where necessary.
What BearingPoint did
BearingPoint’s analytical approach covered:
- The organizational structure
- Core and support processes with headcount information and the existing strategy.
- An environmental analysis covering the market situation and potential competitors
- As Is documentation.
- Functional matrices.
Based on the information and results of those analysis´ a new vision for the organisation was created including the target competitive position and the accordant future strategy.
To conduct the project’s analytical phase, BearingPoint used various tools, including:
- Interviews with subject matter experts
- Workshops with key personnel
- Analysis of existing documents
- Questionnaires to organisational departments
- Desktop research
- Benchmarking best practices of similar organisations.