Change management assistance for finance and procurement back office function transformation
A world leader in environmental services - water management, waste management, energy management and transportation.
Change management assistance on finance and procurement back office function transformation programme for a world leader in environmental services
Objectives of the project
Help the client transform its finance and procurement back office functions through the implementation of SAP according to a Core Model approach. We assisted our client implement the solution in five pilot sites, supporting both entity management and future end-users through the change. Pilot sites included entities in France, Belgium and the UK.
Measurable & concrete results
3200 users were trained (2009-2010) through a Core Model Training programme including:
- 14 training paths
- 60 training documents
- 300 step-by-steps (SPP tool)
‘Road shows’ were organised to present the solution in the four major countries (France, Germany, the UK and the USA) and a dedicated intranet site put in place to increase awareness of the project.
A network of key users was enabled and numerous job aids developed (memo cards, leaflets, glossaries, manager kits…) to support end-users in mastering the solution.
Key success factors
- A pragmatic approach to change management.
- A team made up of client resources and consultants to ensure knowledge transfer between project and local teams and support end-users in gaining confidence in their newly acquired skills/competencies
- An international team: France, Belgium, UK
What BearingPoint did
For each roll-out, BearingPoint:
- Assessed the organisational, system, process and cultural impact brought on by the implementation of the solution in the entity.
- Designed and implemented the related change plan, built in three parts: change management, communication and training.
- Adapted the training material to the local context.
- Helped to organise training sessions (logistics, technical and planning support and so on).
- Co-facilitated training sessions for future trainers and/or end-users.
- Capitalised on previous roll-out feedback to create a change management roll-out kit to be used in future roll-outs.