Redesigning the collection system of a leader of the downtown trade shop
Leader of the downtown trade shop in France:
Strategy Definition (Who, what, how, where) to recast the POS system on the following topics: Cashing Software, Fluidity of checkout, customer knowledge, working conditions and the universe collection, deployment strategy and change management (communication and training).
Objectives of the project
The redesign of the collection system involved a number of different aspects. We looked at the collection software, specifically with regards to fluidity, customer knowledge and entertainment business, change management, working conditions and new technologies, such as self-checkouts, self-scanning, RFID, contactless payment and busting, as well as considering the strategy for the solution rollout.
Measurable & concrete results
- Collection software:
- What we did: Identified of all the collection processes (opening, checkout, closing, administration).
- Results: A request for proposal for the customer to begin its tool selection.
- Key success factors: A wide knowledge and experience on collection processes and software.
- Checkout fluidity:
- What we did: Evaluated all the different technologies available to speed up the checkouts.
- Results: A presentation of the technologies and means for the customer to speed up checkout process.
- Key success factors: A wide knowledge and experience on collection processes and new technologies available on the market.
- Collection universe:
- What we did: Identified of all the effects of the new software implementation and new technologies adopted on the collection furniture.
- Results: A vision for the client on the target furniture for its collection universe and the different alternatives.
- Key success factors: Wide knowledge on the new technologies available.
- Roll-out strategy:
- What we did: Defined the roll-out planning, covering all the steps (pilot, stabilisation, roll out), and the budget.
- Results: Successful strategy roll-out, covering 362 stores, 4389 cash desks and 9000 people.
- Key success factors: Wide knowledge and experience on software roll-out.