The banking sector faces several challenges in the payments transactions area, including:
- Increasing price and competition pressure. This requires the optimization of existing processes in payments transactions as well as a reduction in transaction costs and operational risks. Leveraging internal quality and cost potentials has to be considered as well as a persistent IT setup for the future.
- The increasing complexity of payment systems and an amplified need for accurate processing. This leads to increasing requirements for comprehensive and high qualitative testing.
- Harmonizing standardized Euro transaction payments in a uniform European market (Single Euro Payments Area - SEPA). Apart from the increasing acceptance of SEPA products there is in particular a discussion about a fixed termination date for the national payment systems, which should further increase the SEPA implementation process.
How BearingPoint brings value
- We have an extensive track record of applying our practical expertise to drafting options for the strategic setup of solutions for payment transactions. We start by extensively gathering requirements, follow this with a gap analysis and conclude with systems and provider selection. We also support the execution of strategic decisions, throuigh implementation, migration and testing.
- We have combined our expertise and experience of several payment transaction projects into a test case portfolio. This portfolio combines detailed know-how in payment transaction processes and products with continuous testing methods according to the standards of the international software testing qualification board (ISTQB). With this tool we can help you dramatically increase the quality of testing while at the same time reducing the efforts and duration of tests.
- We have exceptional technical and functional expertise in transaction processes and applications. We are ideally positioned for the subsequent implementation of SEPA to your IT systems and will support the required adjustment of your systems and processes.