- Business Strategy & Transformation
- Enterprise Applications
- Governance, Risk, Compliance & Security
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Innovation - R&D - PLM
- International Development
- Marketing - Sales - Customer Services
- Real Estate & Facilities
- Supply Chain & Operations
- Sustainable Development
ERP-related data strategy and concepts
All Enterprise Applications are processing data: either master data or transactional data. An optimal data strategy is the basis of an optimal enterprise application landscape: no matter if the business is relying on one large single ERP instance or on a bundle of multiple different applications combining ERP, CRM, PLM, SCM and other functional areas, sub-optimal data structures, poor data quality, unmanageable quantity, non-transparent processes, unclear responsibilities, duplicate records and unreliability, always lead to significant extra effort for the business processes.
Though this is more often than not measurable directly, it does not only increase your process cost but also may weaken your overall competitive position.
How BearingPoint brings value
- Integrated concepts for the whole lifecycle of master data from creation to deletion and archiving, can streamline your overall maintenance effort for this key resource of your company by up to 30%.
- Data remediation and cleansing: identification and elimination of duplicate records and harmonization of data attribute content accelerates business processes, allows system integration and is mandatory before new data maintenance processes are established.
- Master data management tools: for both, one time cleansing and permanent maintenance the right tool may assist in overcoming the data challenges efficiently.
- MDM organization and processes in global ERP organizations: how to manage global data in a global world with lots of conflicting local requirements? We combine all the loose ends to a working master data management organization, putting the right processes, tools and people in place.
During system implementation projects, data migration tasks are very often anticipated as the unwelcome one-time tasks, to take care of how to transfer as little data as possible from the legacy system to the new system. Most often there is not enough time for cleansing or remediation.
Talking to both IT and related business leads – integrating all requirements – especially reorganizing processes, ownership and responsibility, is a challenge in every company starting a serious data strategy initiative.
Our data experts at BearingPoint have a broader view on data and understand their value as strategic asset. They went through all phases of MDM projects, are familiar with internal processes and know how to organize cross business-unit or cross-country data management.