Quality and Warranty Analytics
Warranty management is a key concern for most original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and suppliers. With an annual global spend on warranty claims of $45 billion to $50 billion (£30 billion to £35 billion) vehicle quality and warranty is clearly important.
Customers are demanding ever higher quality levels, the pressure to contain costs is increasing and more advanced technology is being introduced into vehicles every day – all of which adds to the challenges.
Researchers at BearingPoint, OESA, AIAG, CLEPA and Warranty Week developed and posted an online survey on warranty management practices. We published our findings in our Global Automotive Warranty Survey Report.
The key findings were:
- The responsibility for warranty management is fragmented across departmental silos and between OEM and supplier organizations.
- Perspectives on the key issues vary dramatically between OEMs and suppliers.
- Win-win approaches are lacking and there is a lack of collaboration across the warranty value chain.
- There is a lack of an industry-wide definition of what constitutes the detection-to-correction cycle.
How BearingPoint brings value
In response to these finding, we created the Warranty Solution Suite. This suite has two main parts:
- Early Warning Solution: So clients can reduce the correction-to-detection time scale and, in turn, reduce the warranty bill and improve the quality of the vehicles. We help clients achieve this through:
- The retrieval, integration, reporting and analysis of production, sales, warranty and diagnostic trouble code information.
- Intuitive, timely, and accurate analysis customized to an end user's approach to resolve field problems.
- Comparative Analytics Solution: We analyze all warranty claims and understand from the algorithms how part failures are distributed over time and how claim reporting is driven by customer behavior.