Procurement optimisation for European Railway Operator
One of the biggest European railway operators.
Assessment, optimisation and reorganisation of a major European Railway Operator’s procurement of products and services.
Objectives of the project
- Identification of potential savings in the procurement of products and services as part of the client’s reorganisation initiative.
- Total spending reduction of €4.3 billion within five years while maintaining the same service level.
Measurable & concrete results
- Implementation of cross-functional procurement teams including methodology for diagnosis, design and savings realisation.
- Set-up of a project controlling function supported by a reporting tool in order to control the degree of goal achievement.
- BearingPoint facilitated teams for rolling stock, infrastructure, constructions and services, achieving average savings of 10% in the first year.
- Knowledge transfer from cross-functional teams into the regular organisation, building sustainable procedures with clearly assigned responsibilities.