Client satisfaction survey of the IT function of a worldwide supplier of chemicals
A worldwide supplier of chemicals and polymers with approximately 14,000 employees.
Objectives of the project
In order to serve 13 business units and 14 group functions (internal clients) in a more efficient way the Group Function IT required a client satisfaction survey. The objectives were:
- to learn about the clients’ opinion of the IT department
- to improve IT‘s professionalism as well as its client and service orientation
- to continuously develop a reputation as a trusted “Business Partner” that understands clients’ top issues
Measurable & concrete results
- Although the survey results were far better than expected many hints for improvements emerged concerning functional, technical and soft areas.
- Especially critical clients highly appreciated to be surveyed and visited in order to discuss findings.
- The results were analysed in IT workshops in order to define actions which were largely implemented despite of a cost saving programme in 2009.
- The CSS was repeated in 2010 with a slightly expanded questionnaire and now also includes the largest legal entities abroad.
Key success factors
Coherent communication and thorough management of participants ensured high participation.
The survey was one piece of a more global initiative i.e. it was oriented on action plans.
The Panel was representative of three kinds of actors:
- Client‘s management level
- Experienced users
- Project managers or experienced team members of IT projects (on the part of the clients)
A precisely prepared structure of reports provided for an early discussion of findings and definition of measures within the IT sub-departments as well as with client representatives