Merger of two Transaction Banks
Major German Transaction Banks
BearingPoint successfully set-up the merger of two German transaction banks with regard to business model organisation, systems, processes, finance and human resources.
Objectives of the project
Systems and functions integration of two German transaction banks
Measurable & concrete results
Fast, cost-effective and minimum risk execution of the integration by:
- Business model /organisation: Development of Business model focusing on adjustments regarding set-up, elaboration and design of new and future oriented organisational structures and locations.
- Systems/processes: Development of a new IT and business process strategy.
- Finance: Establishing pre-conditions for the Merger (Opening Balance Sheet, Reporting); Merger of all relevant finance systems.
- Personnel: Establishing all relevant labour law related pre-conditions, set up and negotiation of balance of interest, reduction of staff aiming at implementation of the newly defined functional separation of business/technical activities, support of staff (change Management).
- Head office merger: Coordination and controlling of all partial projects, quality management and reporting, project controlling, coordination of change management process and communication.
Key success factors
Effective and convincing communication to shareholders, clients, staff and management