Support business continuity and define a three year savings plan for sourcing and supply chain, following a corporate acquisition.
A leader in the Industrial and energy sector.
Support on business continuity and three year savings plan.
Objectives of the project
Following an acquisition (the company was purchased by two parties) we helped our client ensure business continuity during the ‘carve out’ phase and provided the methodology which secured the sourcing and supply chain element of a three year cost reduction programme. The design, and associated roadmap, of the targeted organization has been achieved which means it can better serve key business stakeholders (development of low cost country suppliers, volumes consolidation / supplier panel rationalisation and products standardisation).
Measurable & concrete results
- Communication plan implemented in coordination with both parties: key messages delivered to over 290 key suppliers all around the world
- Buyers’ key portfolio elements (contracts, key information on suppliers and products) effectively transferred between buyers from both parties
- Contracts managed according to Post Closing Guidelines
- Savings secured on over 280 key negotiations
- Flow and inventory roadmap achieved in order to manage the ‘carve out’
- Sourcing data analysed and workshops led with key buyers to build the three year savings plan
- Definition of the targeted organisation required to support savings.