Point of View: Money goes mobile – payments on the move
Digital payments, and mobile payments in particular, are seen as the next big wave of innovation in personal banking services. Not a day goes by without a news announcement about mobile payments. However, banks are not making the biggest headlines in this area, despite being the obvious payment facilitator for most of us.
Based on our experience in helping retail banks, telco operators and digital power players to define their m-payments and mobile banking strategy, this whitepaper addresses the following key questions:
- What innate needs of consumers must be addressed by m-payments?
- What key technology innovations drive current consumer experience and behaviours?
- What opportunities exist for telcos, banks and digital power players to participate in the payments value chain?
- What key success factors should be exploited by organisations to develop a m-payments offering?
- What role does mobile banking play as enabler for m-payments?