ERP architecture optimization and harmonization
When undertaking a global rollout you need to take account of a number of issues. These include:
- Renewing local ERP applications to take advantage of state-of-the-art technology and functionality
- Reducing the total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Overcoming the limits and complexities of the existing ERP landscape
- Harmonizing ERP installations into one or few instances
- Standardizing or harmonizing business processes
- Harmonizing data
How BearingPoint brings value
ERP architecture harmonization can consume huge budgets and may involve major risks. On the other hand the business case is not always easy to calculate because process costs normally do not come from standard controlling reports. We can help you identify what to harmonize, in which way and to what extent, so that it is strongly aligned to your business strategy. We take a strategic view, look to optimize IT costs, and keep it simple. A very complex harmonization could be even worse than little harmonization but a manageable IT-landscape.
To this end, we:
- Analyze requirements and risks carefully. There is no generic formula or ready-to-go concept. Different scenarios need specific evaluation and different responses.
- Evaluate needs. Our evaluation methods guide you through an objective way to select and document your best decisions.
- Harmonize needs to march in time: ERP systems, business processes and master data.