At BearingPoint, we work with our clients to develop programs to help them navigate the mix of challenges and opportunities of down cycles so they can be in the best position in the recoveries. Successful M&A strategies require a broad range of talent and capabilities across acquisition strategy, transaction management, integration planning and execution. We offer these capabilities to our clients in oil and gas as well as metals and mining.
While price fluctuations are hard to predict, business decisions and projects can take years to come into effect. Increased pressure on prices creates a great challenge for cash flows, and companies need to have a response. Cost-cutting programs and tactical measures have been one answer, but M&A is also a way of turning the situation into an opportunity, acquiring strategic capabilities and new sources of future growth.
The trend of larger deals and increased private equity activity is expected to continue in the short- to medium-term across the resources industry.
We understand the risks and uncertainties associated with delivering projects. We also know that M&A success is largely determined in the planning and execution of the integration and can help organizations maximize the chances of a deal delivering value.
Together with our global partners we have extensive experience within the M&A lifecycle and have supported over 375 transactions, including acquisitions and divestments. We focus on value creation, including operational performance enhancement, and we understand the importance combining different cultures.
Our experience shows there are certain key factors for successful M&A transactions:
- Think big - develop a road map that supports long-term objectives and steers enterprise integration and information management initiatives.
- Start small - define and prioritize initiatives and carve out meaningful phases to deliver the highest value in the shortest amount of time.
- Deliver quickly - develop and execute the road map with 90- to 120-day projects grouped into phases of no longer than six months. This methodology can help you build a vision incrementally while providing tangible benefits to your business along the way.
We assist our clients across the M&A journey including:
- Acquisition strategy
- Transaction advisory
- Integration planning and management
- Integration execution and optimization
- Change management and communications
- Program, risk and transaction management
- Divestment support
Drawing on our expertise in oil and gas as well as metals and mining, we provide specific solutions to each segment. Our global presence and strategic partners enable us to support international transformation programs. We are committed to the success of our clients in oil and gas and metals and mining.