The industrial internet will substantially change the manufacturing industry in the coming years. "Industry 4.0" and the "Internet of Things" are strongly interdependent and driven by new digital business models that are based on using digital data across the whole product life cycle.
In the age of digitalization, business processes and the IT landscape must be prepared for new requirements. An integrated and holistic approach is necessary for a manufacturer to unlock what Industry 4.0 and the Internet of Things offer.
By combining the most important elements of the industrial internet, new opportunities for companies are emerging:
Intelligent machines connect machines, facilities and production networks through advanced sensors, controls and related software applications.
Advanced analytics combines the power of physics-based analytics, predictive algorithms, automation and decision support on a strategic level.
Smart Factory Model
Your digital strategy for sustainable success:
- Get connected – connect your assets via the internet and cloud systems - gather and use big data
- Get insights – remotely monitoring your assets enables access to detailed information across the complete lifecycle
- Get optimized – enhance and expand your core business with holistic value chain analytics based on gathered data
- Get innovative – develop new business models by taking advantage of your existing areas of competence
How BearingPoint brings value
Our success factors:
- Deep understanding of the challenges in the manufacturing industry
- The ability to transform business strategy and work together closely with you in a team
- Experience and skills in the field of enrichment, aggregation and integration of external data into existing ERP landscapes and incorporated processes
- Cooperation with leading digitalization partners: GE Digital, relayr, SAP, IBM, Microsoft and many more
- BearingPoint Smart Factory and Internet of Things Lab bring about Industry 4.0 through sensor technology, machine-to-machine communication and the integration of PLM, CRM and ERP systems to create extensive technical knowhow
- Extensive project experience in the implementation of smart products, enabling smart value-added Internet of Things services that we would like to share with you