BearingPoint GmbH (here after called “the organizer”) hosts Be an Innovator in context with the cooperation with leading universities and business schools in the central continental European region.
The contest is held annually and is independent from the university curriculum.
Participation in Be an Innovator is only possible under the consideration and regard of the laid out conditions and rules.
§2 Participation Requirements
- Participation is possible for students in teams of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 10 team members.
- At least one of the team members must be actively enrolled in a university or business school in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy or Romania.
- Participating teams comply with the usage of their team name as well as the first and surname of the team members for advertising (no restriction regarding space and time) in context with their project and Be an Innovator in case of winning the contest. Here for no further compensation can be claimed or requested.
- In case of winning the contest, the team that wins the first prize, is obligated to continue the project for at least one year after the award ceremony.
- The participation takes place in two steps: the pre-selection and the final presentation in front of the jury
- Participation is only possible within the time frame specified in no. 7 resp. 10. The judges’ decision is final.
- For the pre-selection it is required to submit a written dossier until 31st March 2017. It must be sent via email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The dossier must meet the following requirements:
- PowerPoint Presentation (PDF-Version)
- with illustrating elements (graphs, sketches etc.)
- supporting documentation or research can be attached separately or added to the appendix
The main part of the document should have a maximum scope of 10 PowerPoint slides. 5-8 slides are ideal.
The dossier should contain precise information about the following points:
- Introduction of the team: Name, age, education (University, Business School) and background, motivation for the project
- Project name and short description of the project:
- Goal and added value
- Target group/market
- Target group relationship
- The role of BearingPoint
9. The final presentation in front of the jury is a 30 minute oral presentation, which contains 20 minutes of project presentation and 10 minutes of questions from the jury. The presentation illustrates the information given in the dossier.
10. The Jury Presentation will take place on 5th May 2017.
11. Be an Innovator is an English contest. Therefore, the registration and the written dossier as well as the final jury presentation must be prepared and presented in English.
- On grounds of the written dossier a pre-selection will be made.
- All pre-selected teams (here after called “final teams”) will be coached by a BearingPoint consultant and prepared for the final jury presentation.
- The final teams will be announced by 10th April 2017 as well as their appointed BearingPoint coach.
- Following prizes can be won after the final jury presentation:
- 1st Prize: 8,000 Euro and one year of coaching by a BearingPoint consultant
- 2nd Prize: 3,000 Euro
- 3rd Prize: 1,000 Euro
- The jury is made up of partners of the BearingPoint practices throughout central continental Europe
- Claims for damages against the organizer, that occur in context with Be an Innovator, are excluded from the legal grounds, unless the organizer had intentionally or grossly negligently violated legal obligations.
- Furthermore, the organizer is not liable for damages resulting from the impairment of the availability of the Be an Innovator website, the Facebook and the LinkedIn site or the Twitter account in case of technical disturbances that can’t be influenced and events of force majeure as well as attacks by third parties against the Be an Innovator website. The organizer will do everything in its power to ensure the reliability and functionality of the Be an Innovator website. Furthermore, the organizer doesn’t guarantee, that the Be an Innovator website is fully functional on every participants computer.
§5 Data Protection
- The organizer grants the biggest possible data protection standard within the Be an Innovator competition and takes all relevant legal provisions into consideration.
- The organizer will not forward any personal data to third parties or sell address related data.
- The organizer will save the personal data of the participants exclusively for the purpose of Be an Innovator. The participant hereby fully complies with and gives his/her consent to the storage and usage of the communicated personal data for the purpose stated above.
§6 Severability Clause
If certain regulations of these participants’ conditions and rules are invalid or if there is a regulation gap, it doesn’t affect the validity of the remaining regulations. The invalid or missing regulations will be replaced with a regulation, that fulfills the contract purpose and the legal regulation the most.
§7 Jurisdiction / Applicable Law
In case of litigations, German law is applicable exclusively. Jurisdiction is appointed to the residence of the organizer, as long as it’s legally permissible.
If the participant doesn’t have a general jurisdiction in Germany, or if he/she changes his/her residence to outside of Germany, the jurisdiction will also remain in the residence of the organizer.