With the growing emphasis on eHealth, value-based reimbursement and population health, providers must rethink the way they plan and deliver care – while also continuing to manage costs and promoting patient engagement.
Clinical transformation has been around long enough to have been reinvented a number of times, and for each cycle both scope and complexity have increased. The situation today is no exception, with challenges such as accelerating digitalization, healthcare costs growing more rapidly than general inflation, implementation of thematic organizations and increased focus on population health.
Clinical transformation means assessing and creating sustainable change in care delivery to improve quality, safety, service, production and financial outcomes at all levels in a care delivery organization. It is necessary for the organization to reject existing practice patterns that deliver inefficient or less effective results. They must embrace a common goal of patient safety, better outcomes, and quality care through process redesign and the implementation of adequate IT/MT solutions.
Clinical transformation solution
We help healthcare organizations reach sustainable improvement of the way care is delivered across facilities, departments and clinical fields of expertise by effectively combining holistic industry expertise with extensive functional knowledge across three key areas:
- Sponsor and stakeholder alignment
- Communication and enablement
- Portfolio and program management
- eHealth, biotechnology and IT/MT innovation
- “Smart Health,” connected devices and telemedicine
- Application transformation (e.g., EHR)
- Digital Ecosystem Management, platform and join up with SMEs and start-ups
Way of working
- Clinical pathways and decision support
- Processes and workflows
- Roles and responsibilities
- Patient involvement and self-service
- Regulations and standards
- Reimbursement and incentives