Amongst innovation services, in-store customization is expanding in various CPG and retail segments. The customer is now searching for unique products, which he designs and customizes according to his needs.
Customer satisfaction is based on the uniqueness status of the product. In response, distributors and brands must incorporate these new customer needs into their sales models by innovating via customization processes such as 3D printing. Considered as a lever of differentiation, customization is a real challenge for distributors and brands in terms of costs and logistics.
Engaging customers towards brands through product customization would include:
- Customer engagement: being able to provide the customer with the tools to participate in the design and development of the product he is purchasing;
- Optimized customer data management: how to make the collection and usage of customer information more efficient;
- Enhanced differentiation and portfolio services: knowing which types of value-added services are expected and/or desired by your customers and which kinds of offer will encourage them to stay loyal to your brand.
This newsletter gives you more insights on the nature of product customization and will suggest some areas of investigation:
- What are the customization benefits for customers, retailers and brands?
- What activity sectors should feel concerned?
- What are the best-in-class services?
- What are the key principles to take into account when implementing a customization service?