Frankfurt, February 22, 2013 – For the third year, BearingPoint will fund prizes for innovative and sustainable student projects in Europe. The winning project selected from each participating country (Germany, Belgium, France, the Netherlands and Switzerland) will receive a prize of € 6,000 and take part in the European Grand Final in Brussels for a chance to win a further €6,000. Student teams can register their projects until March 15, 2013, on www.beproject-europe.com.
BearingPoint’s aim is to encourage creativity and foster its values of passion, excellence, team work, commitment and stewardship amongst students. This contest is open to all students/undergraduates from major European colleges, universities and business schools. Participating teams will have the opportunity to benefit from coaching from BearingPoint consultants to help them present their case.
Michael Donat, worldwide responsible for Human Resources at BearingPoint, states: “Last year’s contest revealed the exceptional talent of students from European universities and colleges, from the birth of their idea through to final implementation. This third competition is an opportunity for new student teams to carry out ambitious and sustainable projects in partnership with BearingPoint.”
BearingPoint will select the projects on the basis of the following main criteria:
- overall quality of the project: the ethics of the approach, the concept of generosity or sharing, embracing innovation and change;
- team spirit: the level of commitment and the notion of initiative;
- capability to deliver the expected results: realism and pragmatism, achievement of initial tangible results;
- originality and creativity;
- contribution to BearingPoint.
- March 15, 2013: Closing date to register your team and the project online.
- End of March 2013: Selection of projects that will compete for the local award.
- Early April 2013: Shortlist finalists to present their projects to the local BearingPoint office.
- April/May 2013: Local award ceremonies. The dates will be notified by local BearingPoint offices.
- Finally, each winning local team will take part in the European Grand Final that will take place on June 7, 2013 in Brussels.
For further information please visit: www.beproject-europe.com
BearingPoint delivers business consulting with management and technology capabilities. As an independent firm with European roots and global reach BearingPoint serves leading companies and public sector organisations world-wide to align and optimise processes, IT and operating models with business strategy. Driven by a strong entrepreneurial mindset and desire to create long-term partnerships, BearingPoint’s consultants are committed to delivering excellence and value to their clients. The firm’s approach to working with clients is highly collaborative and designed to improve business performance, from strategy through to execution. BearingPoint currently employs 3,500 people in 15 countries.
For more information, please visit: www.bearingpoint.com