What is dangerous is not to evolve.
An agile business has more than agile delivery capabilities – an agile business continually adapts to the world outside, to the evolving needs of its customers. Agile focuses on organizational structures, effective leadership styles, lean processes, technology, methods, and innovation.
An agile business is a business that is prepared for whatever tomorrow brings.
- 30-75% faster time-to-market – reducing delays is the quickest way to reduce development and rollout times
- 10-50% more satisfied and motivated employees (more passion, more creativity) – employees are part of self-organizing teams and decentralized decision-making
- 20-50% increase in productivity – teams can quickly change priorities and reduce waste
- 25-75% better quality – built-in quality practices increase customer satisfaction and provide faster and more predictable value delivery
[Source: Scaled Agile Inc., SAFe, Why do Businesses Need SAFe?, 2018]
Though agile has many apparent benefits, most companies have been slow to change their organizational structures and processes according to our Agile Pulse Study. As evidence, only 50% of companies have at least three years of experience in agile methodologies [Agile Pulse, 2019].
The companies that are adapting and embracing agility are preparing themselves for tomorrow.
Key actions to master your agile transformation and fast-track your way to business agility
- Check your agile readiness to determine the degree of agile maturity and figure out the potential for improvement.
- Coach and develop your team to become high-performing and self-organized.
- Conduct training sessions on agile essentials, SAFe, Product Owner, Scrum Master, Agile Leadership, and Kanban to enable individual teams to work agilely.
- Boost leadership effectiveness by helping leaders become agile leaders.
- Use agile requirements engineering to support product owners and business analysts in the area of business analysis and methods.
- Set-up agile portfolio management to fulfill your strategic goals with smart agile portfolio management.
- Temporarily have externals play agile roles during the operational implementation of the agile transformation such as scrum master and product owner.
- Adapt goals in an agile way with objectives key results (OKR) and help your people to focus.
- Adapt pricing models by implementing agile fixed prices into your business and review your purchasing processes.