In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, process management and analytics have continued to gain in importance. Our recent study shows: in the chemical and life sciences industry, 81 percent of companies confirm the importance of process management.
Driven by the need to increase efficiency and drive digital transformation, process management and analytics are high on the C-level agenda. According to our study results and customer feedback, a process-oriented leadership culture is a prerequisite for fully exploiting the potential of digital transformation and intelligent business processes.
We help our customers to establish and apply the appropriate structures, methods and tools. Our process management and analytics team covers the entire spectrum of process-oriented management and process analysis:
1. Development of a process management strategy for your company (for example) based on an organizational BPM maturity analysis, which can be used to determine the status quo and a target picture for BPM in your company and thus serve as a basis for planning further steps.
2. Developing an target operating model for holistic business process management based on a process role and collaboration model as well as developing (or reviewing) the process map and defining global process governance boards and rules.
3. Implement and supporting operational excellence programmes to identify and realize process optimization potentials together with the business units in the context of digitalization initiatives or in the run-up to an S/4HANA implementation for selected process areas (e.g., finance, sales, purchasing, supply chain, production planning, maintenance, and logistics)
4. Selection and implementation of process management tools for process modelling (e.g., with SAP Signavio), process analysis/process mining (e.g., with Celonis and SAP Process Insights/Process Intelligence) and automation/robotic process automation (e.g. with UIPath or Pega).
5. We support the mobilisation of the organization and the cultural change from a function-driven to a process-oriented way of working with appropriate change management and communication measures, both in strategic-conceptual projects and in operational rollouts, e.g., at the production sites.
Through our experience with the topic and diverse projects to set up BPM structures, we have been able to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of processes at companies in various industries in the past and thus achieve significant cost savings and time savings for our customers.
Typically, qualitative benefits of these projects result in increased process transparency, better collaboration between departments, and a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities, leading to increased customer and employee satisfaction and higher operational efficiency.
More importantly, we enable our clients to identify, quantify, and sustain measurable benefits, such as those resulting from increased process automation, reduced error rates, faster turnaround times, and process cost savings ranging from 5 percent to over 20 percent.
Every customer has its challenges and issues that need to be addressed. Depending on the initial situation of the customer, we compile the relevant process management and analytic components based on our process management and analytics framework and discuss the requirements for the project.
We integrate market-leading software tools (e.g., Celonis, SAP Signavio) into our client engagements to increase speed, reduce costs, and improve the quality of the project results.
We recommend our clients to think big and start small. We thus provide a catalogue of typical use cases, approaches, and industry-related process models and relevant experience to help you on your journey to unlocking the business process intelligence of your organization to become truly process-oriented.
If you are interested in discussing any of the above topics, please do not hesitate to contact us.
"Digital Transformation with Process Mining” with Heymen Jansen and Leonardo Gambini