Industry 4.0 is currently on everybody´s agenda. Smarter, connected, better. Too often the focus is on production. Underestimated but decisive success factors are maintenance and after sales. For the successful realization and sustainable implementation of digitalization, powerful and adapted processes in these two areas are essential.
Digitalization has facilitated value chain innovation, and it has also brought new competitors aiming for traditional customer relationships and product value chains – even in ‘analog’ branches. To increase your competitive capabilities, you must adapt.
Topics and keywords that are often mentioned in this context are predictive maintenance, reliability management, digital transformation, cloud services, IoT and disruption. Company-wide and intercompany networks allow for a holistic implementation of new technologies and the further development of business processes. In turn, this leads to innovative business models that position a company as a full service provider in the after sales market.
By combining our dedicated consulting expertise in developing and implementing maintenance and service processes with our unique technology and operational support, we provide a complete solution by working in partnership with you across three key areas:
1. Maintenance Optimization:
- Optimization of maintenance organization (production-centric and/or customer-centric)
- Optimization of maintenance processes (leading practice, process automation)
- Optimization of maintenance strategy (collaboration between engineering, production, sales, suppliers and service – configuration management, digital twin, asset intelligence network)
- Technology and tools assessment (remote services and predictive maintenance)
2. Digital Transformation:
- Digitalization of maintenance and service processes (process automation, digitalization of processes by remote monitoring, IoT)
- Mobile maintenance (mobilization of processes and mobile solutions)
- Digitalization in the area of knowledge, spare parts management (technical documentation, manuals) and visualization (3D models for spare parts catalogs, augmented reality, digital twin)
3. Service Optimization/Service Engineering:
- Optimization of service strategy (facilitate a sustainable customer-first mindset and approach for evolution of service maturity and portfolio)
- Optimization of service processes (leading practice, automation, digitalization, remote monitoring and IoT platforms)
- Optimization of service and sales organization (customer centric)
- Technology and tool assessment to facilitate evolution of contract and pricing instruments (leverage maintenance optimization and digital transformation) for additional after sales revenue
How BearingPoint adds value
We help clients achieve maintenance and service excellence with strong improvement levers, including:
- Reliability: We help you to leverage your customers’ equipment knowledge within the company to determine the right strategy to apply smart services and increase sustainable overall equipment effectiveness (OEE).
- Flexibility: We develop appropriate business models, processes and technology to manage the increasing complexity of asset-as-a-service contracts and pricing instruments.
- Transparency: Ensuring performance and financial transparency of maintenance and asset contracts by sustainable and measurable processes (KPIs).
- Balance: Conflicting goals between engineering, production, purchasing, maintenance performance and aftermarket need to be balanced – moreover, they need to evolve from silo-based to a customer-first mindset.
- Added value: We encourage the mindset of seeing maintenance and after sales as an added-value to the company, ensuring expected equipment availability and optimizing the total cost of ownership (TCO).
Have a look how our client Schindler has been elevating service and safety with real-time data.