Objectives of the project
Orange Horizons establishes a new portfolio of global business initiatives from initial product and marketing strategies through to planning, distribution and delivery.
The aim is to bring in new customers and businesses, and to tap into additional revenue sources for the benefit of the Group and its partners.
What BearingPoint did
Assessment of push and pull factors, analyzing existing assets and how well they could be utilized in new markets.
Additionally, potential partnerships were identified and assessed as to their potential value.
The adopted strategic approach:
- Asset cartography and valuation
- Strategy definition
- Target structure definition
This resulted in the prioritization of six lines of business and nine geographical areas with high short-term potential.
Key success factors
BearingPoint brought in-depth knowledge and experience from having previously worked with Orange Group. Its deep understanding of Orange’s business and technology architecture provided a natural synergy between the two companies.
BearingPoint also brings a large range of services and its expertise in the telecom sector and emerging markets, as well as in growth strategy.
By channeling its start-up mentality, BearingPoint could concentrate on delivery and adaptability, qualities considered essential for a large and complex group like Orange.
Measurable & concrete results
Services have been launched in more than 40 countries in Africa, Europe and Latin America.
- Online shops specializing in telecoms equipment speedily rolled out in 19 countries, enabling significant presence in Southern Africa and Brazil
- “Over-the-top” country-based websites established, in particular two pan-continental Spanish websites providing over 20 million unique hits per month
- Opening of “corners” in partner stores and franchise stores in South Africa and Algeria, selling a wide range of services and devices
- Online Airtime Transfer to over 350 operators in 100 countries, especially in Africa