Nowadays supply chains are complex. Goods and materials are procured globally, and finished products are shipped all over the world using all modes of transportation. Our Digital supply chain solutions help you to stay in the driver seat.
Log360 represents a one-to-one digital copy of your supply chain. It is based on your operational data and reflects all the specifics of your supply chain. As the system is fed by ERP data and utilizes a Big Data approach, it is always up to date and simulations can be run without simplifications, which would deteriorate results. Comparisons and benchmarks between actual and what-if scenarios are possible on the fly.
You benefit from several features:
- Digital twin: all steps and legs of your supply chain are reflected. Even shippers gain full transparency as network data/business rules are merged with daily transaction data to provide a 1:1 copy of their supply chain – even if they use several different 3PLs.
- Multi-dimension: the trade-off between costs, lead times, inventories and ecological goals become visible using embedded analyzation tools.
- Big Data: we deliver fact-based decision-support down to the product level and per supplier and customer as no simplification is needed – results are three to four times more accurate.
- Predictive analytics: to avoid unwanted events before they occur, Log360 is capable of comparing actuals with planned costs and emissions and provide early warnings in case of deviations.
- Supply chain analytics: Our analytics methods provide comprehensive tools for analyzing your network, shipment structure, order pattern and more to detect improvement areas.
One application to solve the trade-off between CO2, costs, inventories and time
Log360 provides planning, optimization and accounting for transport costs, lead times, inventories and CO2 in one tool. Visualize, analyze and optimize your supply chain by making it digital. The digital twin of your supply chain enables you to lever potentials and improve performance. Log360 merges all the information to create a holistic and in-depth view of your logistics network. By incorporating all relevant supply chain KPI’s, Log360 identifies inefficiencies and supports a quick and transparent decision-making process. This approach allows you to identify and to analyze at an early stage if, where and why you are running out of budget.
The supply chain control tower supports you down to the smallest details
Transport costs, emissions planning/accounting and inventory management are complex challenges.
Log360 brings all the data together in one tool to make the most efficient use of Big Data. With Log360 you boost efficiency in data handling and speed up your decision-making processes, benefitting from fast calculation and analyzation tools, which utilize all relevant KPIs.
Log360 helps you to find the answers to critical supply chain questions:
- What is the reason for the huge deviations between actual and planned transport costs?
- How can I allocate transport costs down to the product level?
- What is the reason behind the unclear contribution margin of my customers?
- What are the sources for my high inventory costs?
- Do I receive more than ten CO2 data requests from your customers per month? How can I create time-efficient and comprehensive responses to these requests?
- Are there annual requests from rating agencies to supply CO2 data?
- Do my carbon reduction goals include logistical processes?
Log360 provides multi-dimension planning and accounting with real data
The Control Tower Log360 can be combined with different products to acquire a holistic understanding of your logistical processes and improve your supply chain:
- LogEC for the calculation of emissions
- LogCOST for transport costs
- LogIMC for inventory management
- And LogRISK for the Supply Chain Risk assessment
Planning, optimization and accounting of costs, CO2 and lead times in one tool
- CO2: certified CO2 and CO2e reporting according to EN 16258 and French decree 2011:1336
- Transport costs: accounting and planning using tariff tables
- Transport analytics: shipment structure, order pattern, etc.
- Network design: visualize and optimize your network directly with your operational data
- Inventories: visibility for your inventory performance
The cloud-based architecture enables us to process operational data – no need for simplification
Log360 can analyze and optimize down to the SKU-level, and the results are three to four times more accurate due to skipped modelling errors. Another benefit of Log360 is the ability to control and report planned and actual data in one tool. This feature allows companies to identify and analyze at an early stage if, where and why they are running out of budget.
Due to basic fallback values and consolidation rules, the system is ready to use even with missing information. Furthermore, optimization algorithms can be set to evaluate transport costs and emissions of your actual network setup and optimized network setup. Combining the Supply Chain Control Tower Log360 and the Emissions Control Tower enables a 360-degree view of your supply chain – because you cannot manage what you do not measure.
Log360 for shippers
Analyze the trade-off between emissions, costs and lead times even with missing data from a third-party logistics provider (3PL).
Shippers have the goal of planning their future transport network based on their production plan or sales forecast. Both are developed several years before the transport is executed and the network is established, so assumptions and predictive analytics are required to derive accurate information. Furthermore, shippers want to break down relevant supply chain KPI´s by unit so that an allocation to the bill of material is possible.
Major challenges for shippers in transport network planning:
- What are the suppliers, plants and customers of the future?
- What are the relevant production and sales figures?
- What tariffs and capacities have to be considered?
- What is the share of transport costs and emissions per unit in the future?
In addition, shippers want to track their planned transport costs and emissions versus the actual and want an early warning as to if and why they are running out of the planned transport budget. All together – a complex challenge.
Log360 for third-party logistics providers (3PLs)
Get the most accurate assessment of strengths and weaknesses within your transport network.
3PLs have to supply the future demand of shippers and therefore have similar questions on a different level, such as how and where to strengthen the network, where to close locations, where to increase or decrease capacities and when and where to prolong contracts with subcontractors and carriers.
Major challenges for 3PLs in transport cost planning:
- What are the subcontractors, locations and customers of the future?
- What are the requested delivery times and frequencies?
- How to bundle transport volume?
- What tariffs and capacities have to be considered?
In addition, 3PLs want to track their planned transport costs and emissions versus the actual data and want an early warning as to if and why they are running out of the planned transport budget. All together – a complex challenge.
All products of the Log-family are cloud service based on SAP Hana (SCP) and available globally via a web browser:
- Standard diagrams and reporting are based on SAPUI5.
- All coding done in native HANA SQL / XS Classic. Frontend contains logic for visualizations only.
- Predictive-Analytics library for performing trend analyses
- Log360 utilizes a predictive analytics library to perform trend analyses.
- Integrated development environment for frontend, services and databank entities
- Data service definitions are based on tables and views of the HANA Database.
- XS-Engine and DB speak the same “dialect” – no “translations” are necessary.
- Optimal data transfer between backend and frontend is ensured.
- Interfaces from flat files to OData- and REST-services allow high flexibility and quick ramp up.
- An embedded Google API service is used for accurate geo-coding.